Fence Companies Wilmington DE Locals Rely On!
Fence Companies Wilmington DE Experts
Wilmington is the most populous city in Delaware, and is the largest city by area in the contiguous United States as of 2020. The city had a population of around 890,000 back when the 2019 census was done. Originally, the city was originally inhabited by the Timucua people. Since then, it has grown quite a lot and is the city that it is today.
We are proud to be citizens of Wilmington and service providers for the local residents. We offer our fencing services in all areas of Wilmington, including but not limited to:
If you need fencing services in the region, call us to learn more about our services. We also have a wide range of repair and maintenance services that extend to different fencing materials, such as wood, chain link, and aluminum.
Overview of Services
The Fence Installation Wilmington DE Locals Rely On!
When we started Wilmington Fencing Co, we were a small team offering fencing services to only a limited area in the city. Over time, we grew our time and started providing more services to the locals. Today, we serve Wilmington and its surrounding areas, offering a wide selection of services.
- Installation: Our main focal service is fence installation. Whether you are installing the first-ever fence in your house or intend to get a replacement for the fence you have right now, we do it all for you. We have installed countless fences made of different materials in several houses in the city.
- Repairs: Fences, no matter how strong and durable the material is, tend to get damaged with time. It is not wise to take on the repair project yourself since you may end up hurting yourself and damaging the fence even more. Since we are just a call away, you can let us know about the extent of the fence damage, and we will send a team accordingly.
- Gate Installation: With time, we have seen the trend of installing fence gates rise. We install fence gates of different materials, sizes, types, and heights. Simply let us know your requirements, and we will do it all for you.
- Staining: Staining helps keep the fence safe from water and weather damage. It also ensures the longevity of the fence and protects it from splitting. We offer staining services for all types of fences. If you think your fence needs staining, let us know, and we will give you appropriate staining options.
We have garnered a trusting clientele that have left us many positive reviews and encouraging testimonials. Time and again, we have offered satisfactory services to our clients, which is why they always return to us for subsequent fencing projects.
If you would like to see the testimonials and references, feel free to ask us during the initial consultation.
If you have any questions about the areas we serve in, call us today and talk to a representative.
City of Wilmington, Delaware
Wilmington is the largest and most populous city in the U.S. state of Delaware. The city was built on the site of Fort Christina, the first Swedish settlement in North America. It lies at the confluence of the Christina River and Brandywine River, near where the Christina flows into the Delaware River. It is the county seat of New Castle County and one of the major cities in the Delaware Valley metropolitan area. Wilmington was named by Proprietor Thomas Penn after his friend Spencer Compton, Earl of Wilmington, who was prime minister during the reign of George II of Great Britain. As of the 2020 United States Census, the city’s population was 70,898.The Wilmington Metropolitan Division, comprising New Castle County, Delaware, Cecil County, Maryland and Salem County, New Jersey, had an estimated 2016 population of 719,887. The Delaware Valley metropolitan area, which includes the cities of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and Camden, New Jersey, had a 2016 population of 6,070,500, and a combined statistical area of 7,179,357. Wilmington is built on the site of Fort Christina and the settlement Kristinehamn, the first Swedish settlement in North America. The modern city also encompasses other Swedish settlements, such as Timmerön / Timber Island (along Brandywine Creek), Sidoland (South Wellington), Strandviken (along the Delaware River near Simonds Garden) and Översidolandet (along the Christina River, near Woodcrest and Ashley Heights). The area now known as Wilmington was settled by the Lenape (or Delaware Indian) band led by Sachem (Chief) Mattahorn just before Henry Hudson sailed up the Len-api Hanna (“People Like Me River”, present Delaware River) in 1609. The area was called “Maax-waas Unk” or “Bear Place” after the Maax-waas Hanna (Bear River) that flowed by (present Christina River). It was called the Bear River because it flowed west to the “Bear People”, who are now known as the People of Conestoga or the Susquehannocks. The Dutch heard and spelled the river and the place as Minguannan. When settlers and traders from the Swedish South Company under Peter Minuit arrived in March 1638 on the Fogel Grip and Kalmar Nyckel, they purchased Maax-waas Unk from Chief Mattahorn and built Fort Christina at the mouth of the Maax-waas Hanna (which the Swedes renamed the Christina River after Queen Christina of Sweden). The area was also known as “The Rocks”, and is located near the foot of present-day Seventh Street. Fort Christina served as the headquarters for the colony of New Sweden which consisted of, for the most part, the lower Delaware River region (parts of present-day Delaware, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey), but few colonists settled there.] Dr. Timothy Stidham (Swedish:Timen Lulofsson Stiddem) was a prominent citizen and doctor in Wilmington. He was born in 1610, probably in Hammel, Denmark and raised in Gothenburg, Sweden. He arrived in New Sweden in 1654 and is recorded as the first physician in Delaware.
- Area: 44.52 km²
- Weather: -7°C, Wind NW at 8 km/h, 54% Humidity
- Population: 70,644 (2019)